Dental x-rays are a powerful and gentle ally to keep your smile healthy and looking great
Modern dentistry illustrates the power of early detection and prevention. Proactive techniques are a cornerstone of the Abel, Phan, & Associate practice in Sterling, Virginia. Dr. Anna Abel and Dr. Chuong Phan are supported in this mission by advanced diagnostic technologies, and these technology-assisted tools include dental x-rays. An alternative to conventional, film-based x-rays (radiography), digital x-rays are also fast, non-invasive, and produce very detailed and clear images. They can also be shared with patients.
The ability to put these images on a monitor and walk through the problem with the patient is incredibly rewarding and empowering. Patients better understand the state of their mouth and oral health, and they are in the best possible position to make an informed decision about their treatment. Additionally, there is peace of mind due to the precise nature of digital x-rays and the ability to comfort them to better see and evaluate oral structures. Such tools aid in the accuracy of our diagnoses. The effectiveness of dental treatment depends on what we know about the condition that we seek to resolve or the accuracy of our diagnosis.
Digital x-rays go hand-in-glove with happy mouths!
You must maintain routine visits to our practice, conveniently located in Loudoun County near Potomac Falls, Ashburn, and Herndon. During these visits, Dr. Abel or Dr. Phan will visually inspect your mouth and associated structures. They will also use tools like these x-ray systems to visualize what cannot be seen with the naked eye alone or what cannot be felt by touch. The latter example relates to oral cancers, which can present as lumps or bumps. The “cure rate “is quite high when these abnormalities are identified and treated promptly before cancer spreads. Early diagnostics truly save lives.
Additionally, many other oral conditions are “silent” or do not produce symptoms early on. Consider:
- When conditions like early tooth decay or gum disease do cause symptoms, they are often subtle.
- For instance, you may experience heightened sensitivity that comes and goes, or your gums may appear redder than usual.
- So, just because your teeth and gums feel and look “fine” does not mean that your mouth is healthy. You may still, unknowingly, have dangerous and progressive conditions lurking underneath.
- The technologies that we use can pinpoint hard-to-see areas, such as “hidden” decay or even the most minor or subtle damage.
- Routine exams that feature sophisticated diagnostics can also help you avoid severe pain and missed work and school days.
- For example, our dentists monitor the development of wisdom teeth. If these back molars are not developing normally, we recommend extraction before the debilitating pain of trapped (impacted) wisdom teeth arises.
Protect your smile. Do not delay scheduling your visit; call us at (571) 450-9848.
Husband and wife duo Drs. Chuong Phan and Anna Abel lead the Abel, Phan, and Associates dental team.
Dr. Phan is a Howard University College of Dentistry graduate and has practiced for over 20 years. His favorite clinical procedures are orthodontic and endodontic treatments, including root canal therapy. He has been trained in many prestigious institutes. Dr. Abel graduated from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry and has over 20 years of experience. Her favorite procedures are cosmetic services like veneers, implants, and oral surgery. She has trained with top-level organizations.
Both doctors are regular volunteers at Northern Virginia Dental Clinic, providing care to low-income patients, for which they have received many honors. They have also volunteered to help disadvantaged communities, especially children, through many foreign missions.